Recently, our popular WordPress plugin, ClickWhale, launched its latest update that introduces a new link page builder for users. Exciting right? We knew it would be, and rightly so. The new link page builder tool from ClickWhle is exactly what you’ve been waiting for.
But before we get ahead of ourselves with excitement, allow us to break down the fundamentals for you. Let’s start at the beginning, shall we?
What is a Link Page Builder Tool? 🏁
A link page builder tool is a theme component that acts as a saving grace for brands or businesses that wish to build easy-to-operate landing pages in minutes. As a tool, a link page builder provides the ability to curate complex customized links with little time or tech knowledge.
Especially when utilizing the user-friendly link page builder from ClickWhale for WordPress to create it. Create a stand-alone web page highlighting links to everything from social media to giveaways, to announcements, and, of course, the business’ website.
As a hub for anything your business curates or sells on the web, a link page constructed with ClickWhale is a fully customized list of active links — a list that you can rearrange, stylize, and track the progress of in one place.
Pretty awesome, right? Wait until you read more about the features that make building a link page with ClickWhale quick and easy. But first, please allow us to formally introduce ourselves.
Welcome to ClickWhale 🐳
Known as the best link shortener and click tracker for WordPress, ClickWhale, a new plugin software for WordPress, burst onto the scene with version 1.0.0 in December of 2022. It wasn’t long until the online community began to take notice and use the plugin for their business needs.
A short time later, the upgraded version 1.1.0 was released featuring the addition of link page creation and the software has only gotten better since. With ClickWhale you can build customized link pages, manage the links therein, and track the coding embedded in the website, too.
And with only three simple steps to get someone started, it’s no wonder people continue to flock to the plugin to build link pages for themselves or digital marketing clientele on a global span. Especially since migrating existing links from a different plugin source to use on ClickWhale is a breeze.
Curious About the New Available Features? 💡
Well, if we have your curiosity, then we have your attention. And as humble thanks for that, we will be purposeful in our explanation. As it stands, ClickWhale 1.3.0 now allows users to:
- Customize content by using titles, description texts, branded logos, colored backgrounds, and branded font colors.
- Determine and choose the URL (or slug) under which the link page is accessible on a website.
- Test out the optimization for SEO via a preview link.
- Embed any tracking codes or code snippets directly onto a website without having to intervene in the coding of said website.
The latest update that includes the use of the new link page builder means the ability to add multiple types of content including, but not limited to, emojis, icons, and media images. These are in addition to written copy, logos, and branded color schemes.
And as the most flexible link manager on the market, ClickWhale 1.3.0 users can also:
- Apply SEO attribute settings to links, “no follow” or “sponsored” as examples.
- Get detailed statistics to analyze conversion rates by way of the clicks links receive.
- Manage and create links with ease to better track and organize them into categories.
- Place and share created links anywhere your content is featured on social media.
How to Use the New Link Page Builder Tool 👷♀️
After following the three easy steps to install ClickWhale as a plugin on WordPress, using the new link page builder tool is simple. From the administrative backend of your WordPress, navigate to the lefthand sidebar, select Link Pages under ClickWhale, then follow the steps below.
- Click on Add Link Page to get started. Start by filling in the allotted spaces for the brand/business name, a brief description, customize the slug (using keywords when possible), and upload the brand’s logo.
- Add customized or existing links to the link page by dragging and dropping the preferred choice to the design. New feature alert! The choice to add an emoji, a photo, or an icon to the design is now in place.
- Select the formatting type desired for the link page and use them as often as needed in the customization process. Use a separator between each category and add as many headings as you’d like. It’s your link page! Get as creative as you want to be.
- Customize the color scheme for everything from the page text to the background color. Once set, branded colors can be added quickly to every new link page built or when modifying existing link pages within the plugin.
- Set the SEO title, description as well as meta description. Take care to check the appropriate boxes to ask Google not to track specific SEO movements in analytic data. Fill in any applicable Open Graphs Options. Doing so enables the link page to be viewed as a “rich” (or complex in code description) object in a social graph aka loading as a thumbnail on social media pages like Facebook, for example.
Don’t forget to click the blue highlighted save at the bottom left-hand side of the screen, and just like that, you’ve created a new link page.
Additional Tips For Building a New Link Page with ClickWhale 👇
The drag and drop is the funnest part of building a link page with ClickWhale. Want to change the order of appearance for the content featured on the link page? No problem! Select and hold down the mouse on the section you want to move, then slide the mouse up or down to change the positioning.
Have you made a mistake and want to remove a section? Simply select the tiny trashcan in the top right-hand corner of the block.
At the close of any changes, remember to click save. Users can then opt to preview the page or return to the list of existing link pages built.
Here are a few more helpful fun facts to consider when building a new link page builder on ClickWhale for WordPress.
- A logo can be dragged and dropped or uploaded directly from your computer or media files within WordPress.
- Don’t forget to add alt text and a brief description when uploading logos or images to increase SEO reach.
- For a link to be categorized as “existing” it has to first be added to the Links section of your ClickWhale plugin.
- To customize a link, you will be asked to add the URL, a title, and an icon.
We told you the new features would be exciting!
Don’t forget to rate ClickWhale by following the prompts on the yellow banner at the top of your screen once you’ve completed building your new link page.
We love getting feedback from our users, whether negative or positive because all of it goes into helping us provide the best that ClickWhale can offer.
ClickWhale Delivers Customization & Then Some 🚀
When you choose to use ClickWhale’s new link page builder, you’re choosing the best way to share everything your followers want to find out about your brand with one click.
It’s free to use and even easier to set up. What are you waiting for? Download now!